cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject Performance of XSLTC
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:57:50 GMT
Hi,

Today I tried to find out how much faster XSLTC compared to Xalan is. My
result: there is hardly any difference in performance (maybe XSLTC is
slightly faster).

My test case:
-------------
I used a pipline with two xslt transformation steps. The first time I used
the standard transformer (XSLTC) and then I changed the type to "xalan".
I'm using Cocoon2.1dev - checked it out today.

I got the results (measurements) from the profiler.

I know that this was not a valid test series and only a first impression -
but ...

... now I have some questions:
- Am I doing something wrong?
- Do I have to make a real load test to get a difference in performance?
- Did anybody get other/similar results?

Regards,
Reinhard