cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <>
Subject map:resource issue
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:50:44 GMT
Hi all,

As pointed out by Lorenzo De Sio on user group (Subj: Multiple
map:resource calls), there is an issue with map:resource handling.

On one side, sitemap.xmap states:

  Resources are pipeline fragments that may be used from different
  pipeline fragments. For our needs, they behave exactly like
  pipelines, only that they are not accessible from outside.
  Hence I will explain what's inside below for pipelines.

On the other, implementation of the sitemap stops processing right after
call to resource, which means that resource is not fragment at all, but
more similar to a view, which must be placed at the end of pipeline. In
my understanding of word "fragment", fragment can be used in the middle
of pipeline - which is not possible right now.

Who knows/remembers how resources *should* work?

Old timer Giacomo? ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message