cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Sven Kuenzler" <sv...@imost.de>
Subject Re: Sitemap parameters passed to XSP
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 07:41:21 GMT

>  <map:match pattern="index">
>     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="xsp/w3/index2.xsp">
>        <map:parameter name="SourcePage" value="Index"/>          <---

> and then use it in index2.xsp.  I tried this, and lots of other things:
>
> ...snip...
>      <esql:execute-query>
>        <esql:query>
>                 select * from "Story"
>                      where
>                     "ProjectName" = 'MyProj'
>                         and
>                     "PageName" = '"$SourcePage"'           <----- use it

Sitemap parameters are available to XSP logic  via  the "parameters" member
of the underlying Generator.

Try something like

"PageName"=<xsp:expr>parameters.getParameter("SourcePage","Index")</xsp:expr

I do not know whether ESQL allows <xsp:expr> at this point, so the real
solution may have to look different. But you get the idea.

Maybe there is some sitemap-parameters taglib which makes such things
easier?

    HTH, Sven.....