cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <>
Subject RE: [docs]: Who we are
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:17:21 GMT
Carsten & Diana,

> In the long term a specific DTD might make sense, but I totally agree
> with Diana that now deciding for a DTD delays us too much. Let's use
> the usual DTD (and I can start right now...) and if we want we can
> later on switch to a specific one if everything is in place.

I upgraded the entire *main* site yesterday evening to
the new doc-v11.dtd and put it inside Forrest as a test case. These
documents were *ugly*, while Cocoon's xdocs seem structurally pretty
well shaped up to me (to easily automate this transformation process).
So I assume migrating to doc-v11 will not be too much of a problem for
the Cocoon project.

The only outstanding issues I have with doc-v11 is hyperlinks, the title
element/attribute discussion and some personal feelings about the poor
table markup. Both are currently under discussion within the Forrest
group, one has been raised as a vote, so we'll get somewhere sooner than

I posted a vote on this subject some weeks ago
(, and was
pretty much amazed with the amount of responses I received :-(

Aren't we a bit too conservative on transitioning Cocoon to Forrest?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message