cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <gerhard_froehl...@at.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:57:09 GMT
Niclola,

>> You can also do everything in JavaScript, but beware that you're moving
the
>> business logic in JavaScript, where it shouldn't be.
>

>Where should it be then (not provocative, just a question I cannot
>simply answer myself)?
>
>I think that if we don't come up with a business-logic framework of some
>sort, we will see programmers do the most wild things.

Disagree, I wouldn't use it, when I don't have the freedom to code the
flowscripts like *I* want them. Patterns OK, but please not again such a
academic and not really usable thing like EJBs!

>IMNSHO, Cocoon should be PnP, and not *require* java programming, ie no
>compilation step.

But I wouldn't ban it from the concept, IMO we would loose flexibility. Hmm
maybe we can work with the BSF Framework
(http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/bsf)
to get javascript implemented flowscripts integrated in our Java business
logic. Like Parameters and stuff.

><user-perspective>
>   Assuming that I want to make my business rules *without* java, what
>can I use?
>   Where do I put them?
>   How do I organize them?
>   Is there a repository for them?