cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "John Morrison" <john.r.morri...@ntlworld.com>
Subject RE: [Important]: JDK issues
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:44:03 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> Morrison, John wrote:
> >>From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> >>Well, it works, Centipede is using it with great satisfaction.

I'll have to take another look.  I've not see any work done on it
for a while.

> > In that case - would this be a (possible) solution?
>
> Hmmm... you mean make checking for JDK part of the build and getting the
> appropriate version for the build in process?
> If so yes, it can be done, although a simple ant http get would
> suffice... hmmm....

Yes, it probably would for developers, not sure theres an advantage
there over sticking it in cvs.

> And it doesn't resolve the double binary distribution problem.

No, it doesn't :(

> Do you have a more detailed course of action in mind?

I didn't but... rather than delivering the war in the binary
distribution, would it be an idea to deliver a zip with the 1.4 bit's
missing and a script to download/build the war...

Huh, maybe on second thoughts this is far too much hassle.  Maybe
it would be worth it if *all* the jar files came that way but... :(

J.