cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [VOTE]: The future of the SAXConnector
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:16:26 GMT
Hi,

I refactored the profiling code a little bit, now the
SAXConnectors are not used anymore for profiling, making
the use of profiling a little bit easier.

But I think we should now vote for the future of SAXConnectors
as we already have the (incompatible) changes with the
handling of event and stream pipelines; so another one in
this area doesn't hurt.

So, here we go:

a) Deprecate the SAXConnectors and remove it asap.
b) Remove it now
c) Change the concept, so that it is possible to configure
   the used SAXConnector on a map:pipeline base.
d) Leave it as it is

I'm +1 on b) and -1 on d).

c) seems to be FS, but if there is a real need for SAXConnectors
we should go for c), so this is a +0 on c).

PS: I like clear votes...

Please make your votes.

Carsten