cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [docs]: Who we are
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:01:17 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:

> > From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
>
> > I think we should simply use the usual dtd. It available, can be used
> > immediatly and offers all possibilites we need.
>
> I'm touchy about the validation thing AND the commonalities between
> other projects: we need a common format & presentation across all
> xml.apache.org projects, and I believe having a specific DTD for these
> purposes can help. See
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=102327343231312&w=2 for
> Konstantin contradicting himself on that ;-)

In the long term a specific DTD might make sense, but I totally agree
with Diana that now deciding for a DTD delays us too much. Let's use
the usual DTD (and I can start right now...) and if we want we can
later on switch to a specific one if everything is in place.

> > And what about the active developers and emeritus committers? I still
> > believe a simple <s2 title="Active committers">, <s2 title="emeritus
> > committers">
> > is sufficient.
>
> Have you seen the <category> elements? You could have as many categories
> of contributors as you want, and you're free to name them to your
> personal liking.

Ah, no, didn't see that (sorry, but I'm currently working with the left eye
and watching soccer with the right one...)

Carsten