cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Important]: JDK issues
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:27:52 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Definately against this.
>
> Users with 1.4 will not be able to use the binary dist. Bleah :-P
> Let's do them a favor, you compile it for them and call it dist-14.

Why can't they use the binary dist? 1.4 is compatible to 1.2.

I have no problems with building a dist-14 which contains a version
of the Cocoon sources compiled with JDK 1.4, but I see no real chance
in also compiling other projects like Excalibur especially for JDK 1.4
and put them in the dist-14.

It's hard enough to make the dist itself and I'm not very eager to
make a build of other projects only to make our dist.

Carsten