cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [announce] Extended sitemap variable substitution syntax
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:50:31 GMT

Christian Haul wrote:

> AFAIK it is possible to declare components in a sitemap using
> map:components. Thus
>
> <map:components>
>    <input-modules logger="core.modules.input">
>       <component-instance
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModu
> le" name="my-defaults">
> 		 <input-module name="request"/>
> 		 <values>
> 			<skin>defaultSkin</skin>
> 			<base-url>http://localhost:8080/cocoon</base-url>
> 		 </values>
> 	  </component-instance>
>    </input-modules>
> </map:components>
>
> would declare a new input module instance accessible with the name
> "my-defaults" for this sitemap and all subsitemaps.
>
> I haven't tested this though. But my understanding is, that this is
> supposed to work.
>
> There has been a discussion about declaring components in sitemaps a
> long time ago and I don't recall the outcome. But I believe it was
> decided not to advertise this feature since blocks are likely to
> change this.

AFAIK, the discussion was a little bit different. Some of us wanted
to remove *all* component definitions from the sitemap, so completly
removing the <map:components> section.
But I can't recall a discussion about adding own component definitions
to the sitemap (perhaps a memory leak?).

So I would strongly discourage from even trying if it works. It's
not supposed to work!

Carsten