cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] wikiland issue
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:12:18 GMT
Sylvain/Olivier,

Thanks for the *very* clear and informative reply. Your effort is great
news!  Thanks to your company for providing the resources. I look
forward to participating in the near future.

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 11:36  AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I think there are two things going on with wikiland, and IMHO it would
> be
> good to consider them separately:
>
> 1) Having a Cocoon-based wiki - great!
> Wikiland is a very nice step in this direction, but as Sylvain
> mentioned it's
> still at the experimental stage, certainly not ready for production use.

Nevertheless, there's so much we can learn from it, in terms of feedback
on the Cocoon approach as well as feedback on some docs. I'm fully aware
of its present limitations, but it's a very helpful step. And it's
available right now.

> 2) Using a wiki to build documentation for Cocoon - great!
> Certainly useful, seing the many discussions in the last
> weeks about commenting the docs and letting users contribute docs
> easily.
>
> But this requires a full-blown wiki, including versioning features so
> that doc coordinators can see what's happening, and of course XML
> output.
> Many existing wiki offer this today, unfortunately they're not based on
> Cocoon (yet ;-)

The key word being *yet*. Until then, I'm happy we have Olivier's
Wikiland :-) !

--Diana