cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:30:56 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > The problems with this approach
> > -------------------------------
> >
> > First of all, let me say that I consider the above concept
> the biggest
> > advancement in server-side web technology since servlets.
>
> I would say since web servers.

Not that much, see: http://www.epsylontech.com/Products/Products.html

This is the company where I worked a few years ago and the App Server
(Baikonur) allowed to develop Web Applications like any other GUI
application in Delphi. You could simply drop components on your form (those
who had VB experience will also understand this), bind them to the database,
write all your logic in Object Pascal in terms of event handlers, general
classes, etc - use all the power of Delphi. And you could create a DB
application in a few minutes.

Though, I must admit that the presentation part was a little weak (XSLT was
only at its early ages that time).

>                      -oOo-
>
> Last, I would like to thank Ovidiu for making the Cocoon
> Flowmap in the
> first place.
> He kept coding even when it seemed hopeless to many of us, and now we
> have a real killer app.
>
> Thank you, thank you, thank you :-)

Ovidiu's work is very interesting! I join to the 'thank you's.

Konstantin