cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:59:06 GMT
> From: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@dff.st]

<snip/>

> for the xmlform / precept stuff we aggreed on the following
> requirements for a
> more complex example (IIRC):
>
>  - 3 page form
>  - should be possible to go back and forth

I'd add also to 'Cancel' the process (to cleanup all the consinuations). (Of
course, user can simply close the browser any time).

>  - a summary page at the end
>  - and a result page (success/failed)
>  - validation against a schema

I'd like also to see validation against business rules (or some other
business logic calls).

>  - everything should be i18n aware
>
> How could this look like implemented with the current flowmap?
> Here is my first try: (please bear with me - a lot is NYI ;-)
>
> function wizard(uriPrefix) {
...<snip what="quite complicated code ;)" />
}

> A lot of details are still missing. Maybe someone can help out here...
> Especially how would you implement the "go back" button?

I think that this can be built-in feature. The flow engine can perform the
back (or undo) action using a history of continuations.

> If have still dozens of thoughts in head (what about
> sub-flows? flow-2-flow
> communications,..) need to sort them first.

Add all kind of flow management to this:
- getting list of all active flows
- cancelling flows
etc.

> > This is *NOT* possible with any other FSM-based approach.
>
> Sorry, for the (maybe) stupid question but... why not?

Another MS (maybe stupid) question: what is FSM? ;)

Konstantin