cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Piroumian Konstantin <KPiroum...@protek.com>
Subject RE: [XMLForms]
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:04:06 GMT
> From: Reinhard Poetz [mailto:reinhard_poetz@gmx.net]
>
> > (I'm not Ivelin, but:) The approach is Ok, but the goal is
> not so clear to
> > me. Why would you need to initialize a bean using XML data
> without Java
> > programming? If you use JavaBeans then you should have some
> processing
> > back-end that provides that bean, right? Then this
> processing back-end
> > usually should provide default values for your model object be it
> > a JavaBean
> > or DOM.
>
> I understand.
> The only thing I have to do is to override 'getFormModel()'
> in my action
> where I have to create a DOM object with the initial data, am I right?

Yes, something like that. This one is better be answered by Ivelin.

> Then I have another question: In the example bean (UserBean)
> some values are
> set by DOM nodes. What is the use case for this aproach?
> (This part made me think that the bean is the right place to
> instanciate the
> DOM-Object.)

Sorry, have no time to look into the implementation, but as I remember, this
is done only for demonstration purposes. Normally, an application should use
either JavaBeans or DOM objects, but not both.

Let's see what Ivelin will say.

Konstantin