cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Remove MatcherFactories, SelectorFactories
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:50:47 GMT
On Thursday 06 June 2002 03:19 pm, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > > your votes:
> > >
> > > Shall we remove them from 2.0.3?
> >
> > -1, since that is still a point-release from the original 2.0
>
> IIRC, the deprecation -> removal cycle was defined on this list as
> "deprecate, wait 3-4-5-6 month, remove", but was not tied to the version
> numbering.
>
> Am I wrong?

No, you're right.

My logic was thus:

2.0.2 -> 2.0.3
  should be a relatively painless upgrade, mainly bugfixes, few new features.

2.0.x -> 2.1
  will require some effort to adapt to new changes.

Why not lump in with the 2.1 changes and remove one less (potential) hurdle
in a 2.0.x -> 2.0.3 upgrade.

I guess I'm more -0. The change won't impact me, but why not wait for 2.1 to
impact those that will be.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org