cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] name for new content type?
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 10:55:47 GMT
On Monday 03 June 2002 05:07 am, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> A recipe is a more compact version of an howto: you already know how to
> cook, you just need basic instructions on what you have to do. Also,
> there are tons of way to cook the same stuff, we can have recipes that
> cook the same things differently.

I also like the recipe metaphor. One of my favorite perl books is the Perl
Cookbook (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cookbook/).

It assumes you already know perl but if you don't do it every day (like me)
its very handy. Has simple little routines such as "how to process every file
in a directory" and such. It could almost be looked at as a set of
application building blocks.

My only caveat would be that all recipies with the same purposes be grouped
together, but I'm sure that's already a consideration :)
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org