cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [doc] live site update report
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:11:49 GMT

On Saturday, June 8, 2002, at 12:49  PM, Andrew Savory wrote:

> Question: should the documentation on the site reflect HEAD, the stable
> development branch (2.0.3-dev), or the latest stable release? I'd
> suggest
> either of the latter two, as most people I assume will be using the
> stable
> release, and will expect stable documentation to go with it?

I'm adding notices at the top of any doc related to 2.1. It's the same
notice that appears in the WARNING note in the 2.1 branch. It's
impossible, otherwise, to manually keep the branches in sync. You'd have
different book.xml files, etc. I'm afraid it would introduce too many
other problems. There aren't too many 2.1 docs, right now, only a
handful.

Diana