cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <sharkb...@mac.com>
Subject Re: XInclude Transformer vs CInlude Transformer
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:02:59 GMT

On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 09:10 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> So, IMO, the best long term solution would be:
>
>  1) deprecate both XIncludeTransformer and CIncludeTransformer
>  2) change CIncludeTransformer to IncludeTransformer
>  3) make IncludeTransformer work just on a cocoon-specific namespace
>
> what do you think?

+1

XInclude has useful stuff like:

	parse="text|xml"
	XPointer handling via '#' or xpointer() syntax

CInclude has useful stuff like:

	element="wrapper"
	ns="wrapper_ns"
	prefix="wrapper_prefix"

It would be great to rationalise it all into one.

I completely agree with keeping a different namespace from w3c.XInclude.

regards Jeremy