cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flowscript + Actions
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:43:29 GMT
Hi Christian,

On 6/28/02 2:45 PM, "Christian Haul" <haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
wrote:

> Ovidiu,
>
> I managed to hack support for actions, InputModules, and OutputModules
> into flowscript. With that one can
>
> var y = inputValue("request", "a");
> var x = act("request", "", {"parameters":"true",
> "default.dest":"invalid.html"});
> outputSet("attribute", "dest", x.dest);
> outputSet("attribute", "a", x.a);
> outputCommit("attribute");
>
> (This is not yet in CVS)

This is great!

> However, on two issues I need advice:
>
> a) actions return a java.util.Map. I managed to convert it to a
> org.mozilla.javascript.NativeObject -- but I have no idea how to make
> it printable / enumerate all values. OTOH should it be done at all?
> It's nice to do a.foo or a['foo'] instead of a.get('foo') but it
> requires to copy the complete map.

To enumerate the values I think you need to implement the getAllIds() method
from the Scriptable interface.

Also, I don't think you need to copy the complete map. You can create a
wrapper object around the Map object. This can be done by having the wrapper
class implement the Scriptable interface.

> b) actions require a redirector object. Some actions use it to redirect
> to another URL -- how should that be taken into account in respect with
> flowscript? Make it another property of the returned map? Test for it
> and sendPage()? Ignore it?

I think redirecting to a different URL might pose problems, especially if
that URL makes a reentrant call back to the flow engine. I would personally
ignore the Redirector object.

Regards,
Ovidiu

PS: Again, I'm leaving tomorrow morning, and I won't be reading emails for
the next 10 days or so.

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>
http://radio.weblogs.com/0109407/ (Radio Weblog)