cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Axis SOAPHelper implementation anyone?
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:35:12 GMT
On 6/13/02 4:51 AM, "Per-Olof Norén" <pelle@alma.nu> wrote:

> Morrison, John wrote:
>>> From: Per-Olof Norén [mailto:pelle@alma.nu]
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have rewritten the SOAPHelper.java to use axis instead of HttpClient
>>> in order to connect to .NET webservices. The change has been
>>> verified by
>>> running google api search and the stock-ticker examples as
>>> well as .NET
>>> services. Also support for basic authenticated connections is is
>>> supported in the standard url format:
>>> http://user:pass@host.domain/endpoint
>>>

>>> I´d gladly donate this code, though i need a little help packaging it.
>>>
>>> The file itself is no problem, cvs diff as usual.
>>> What I can see to be somewhat of a problem is that axis is not part
>>> of the distribution by default.
>>

>> Axis *used* to be part of the distro and I can't see any problems putting
>> it back.
>
> Do we need a vote on this?

How does the Axis client library work? With SOAPHelper, the logicsheet
constructs the whole message, so there's no need to generate any client
stub. The SOAPHelper class creates only the HTTP connection and streams the
message onto it, nothing else.

As for .Net compatibility, it would be interesting to know what kind of
problems you encountered with the existing code. I don't see any problem
coming from the SOAPHelper, other than incompatible message format generated
by the logicsheet, or bad HTTP protocol communication.

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/7464/ (Apache, GNU, Emacs...)