cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hassan Abolhassani" <Hassan.Abolhass...@razorfish.com>
Subject problem compiling a new action
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:49:19 GMT
I have tried to compile HelloWorldAction.java from Cocoon documentation.

>From command line I did as follows:

>set classpath=%classpath%;;E:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib\avalon-framework-4.1.2.jar;E:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib\cocoon-2.0.2.jar;

>javac HelloWorldAction.java

I receive a message saying that this program uses a deprecated API

Then if i try
>javac -deprecation HelloWorldAction.java

I receive a message telling that REQUEST_OBJECT is not defined in Constants, for the following
line:
Request request = (Request) objectModel.get(Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT);

Could anyone tell me what might be wrong. Am I using correct jar files in classpath. Should
I compile differently?

Every help is appreciated.

Hassan