cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Topping" <topp...@digidemic.com>
Subject RE: [INFO] Sitemap XML Schema is available
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 11:10:56 GMT

Oooh, did someone say more documentation?

This would be a great help.  And with tools such as Spy, it could automagically suggest options
as the sitemap is edited.  While having a free sitemap editor would be great, having one that
I paid for and saves me a bunch of time is simply a tradeoff.

But it needs the schema to be kept up to date.  I was just looking at the archives a few days
back, seems there was a similar initiative in the past to start and maintain a sitemap DTD.
 I think Schemas are easier to read and work with personally, but mebbe I'm weird.  Anyway,
an up-to-date DTD/Schema really makes life easy with an editor such as Spy.

Anyway, putting it in the validation for TreeProcessor is something I am all for because it
forces developers that require sitemap changes to update the schema, and an up-to-date schema
has obvious implications for sitemap editors and documentation.  Seems it makes good sense
all around!

It looks like Spy outputs PNG and HTML (or M$ word) for that fancy documentation, too bad
it doesn't output SVG and XML, we could have sucked it right into the xdocs.  What were they
thinking? :)

-b