cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Topping" <topp...@digidemic.com>
Subject Parameterizing Sitemap with XMLForms
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 10:46:15 GMT
Hi all,

So I am trying to parameterize a sitemap that I am using with forms and running into an interesting
situation.  I don't know enough about components and actions yet, but this may be a bug in
AbstractXMLFormAction.  (I've changed the names in the code below, but it's just Heidi's example...)

Sitemap snippet:

	<map:match pattern="bill2forms/*.html">
		<map:act type="HowtoWizardAction">
			<!-- XMLForm parameters for the HowtoWizardAction -->
			<map:parameter name="xmlform-validator-schema-ns" value="http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron"/>
			<map:parameter name="xmlform-validator-schema" value="forms/{1}/xmlform-sch-report.xml"/>
			<map:parameter name="xmlform-id" value="form-{1}"/>
			<map:parameter name="xmlform-scope" value="session"/>
			<map:parameter name="xmlform-model" value="com.bill2.site.xmlform.HowtoBean"/>
			<!-- Content transformation logic -->
			<map:generate src="forms/{../1}/{page}.xml"/>
			<map:transform type="xmlform" label="xml"/>
			<map:transform src="forms/{../1}/wizard2html.xsl"/>
			<map:transform src="context://stylesheets/xmlform/xmlform2html.xsl"/>
			<map:serialize type="html"/>
		</map:act>
	</map:match>

If you look at the parameterization, all of the <map:parameters> use "{1}", but all
the other components are sent "{../1}".  This is what it takes to get the sitemap interpreter
to be happy and put the start page on the screen.  But when it comes to clicking on the "Start"
link on the first form page, the following exception is generated:

org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException:  Failed loading validating schema
	at org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractXMLFormAction.getFormValidator(AbstractXMLFormAction.java:365)
	at org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractXMLFormAction.getForm(AbstractXMLFormAction.java:179)
	at org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractXMLFormAction.act(AbstractXMLFormAction.java:202)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTypeNode.java:133)

I wouldn't mind submitting the patch, but I'm not confident enough yet of the semantics of
parameterization to know if I am doing the right thing.  I presume that the problem is in
AbstractXMLFormAction by the fact that the other components weren't changed, but that kind
of hunch is not a very responsible manner in which to submit a patch...

If it takes longer to describe than it does to fix, I can wait for the next bug in order to
put some work in.  But I do want to learn about the semantics of parameterization more, and
I only really know about {../*} from a post that Vadim made a long time back.  Is there a
full explanation of this anywhere?  (RTFM?)

best,

-b