cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Lassi Immonen <lassi.immo...@valkeus.com>
Subject RE: Using Jython in Cocoon
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:02:47 GMT

 >Have you tried Python XSPs in Cocoon 2.1-dev?

Yes, but it had some problems with indents at that time (like 1,5 months
ago) and I couldn't get my own tests to run. It actually had something
to do with to way I intended xml-tags in xsp file. I quickly tried to
look for the problem, but it seemed too complicated for me.

I have to test has those bugs gone away.

I really like to treat logic inside python and then shoot xml out of it
than rather wrap my code in xml. XSP:s are so messy.

 >Have a look at PythonGenerator in 2.1. IIRC, it pre-"compiles" Python
 >scripts.

Do you think it would be possible to get this "pre-compile" thing
happening at ordinary generator, not in component/language/markup/xsp
generator.
I don't understand Cocoon structure well enough to answer to this question.

Lassi