cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: HELP! Urgently needed help on head
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:44:42 GMT
Per-Olof Norén wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have a problem I can´t  find a place to start looking for the solution:
> My config is like the following:
>
> win2k  (2*1,1 ghz 1 Gb RAM 50Gb Hdd)
> sun jdk1.3.1_02
> resin 2.0.5
> freshly checked out head, compiled with "build -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes
> -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes webapp"
>
> The stacktrace of the error is below.  Does anyone have a clue what
> this is?
> Could this concern the class-loading changes recently?
>
> Please help,
> thx in advance
>
> Per-Olof Norén
> Stockholm, Sweden
>

>   500 Servlet Exception
>

> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>     at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.ExtendedComponentSelector.configure(ExtendedComponentSelector.java:272)

Did you run "build clean" after check out ? The offending line reads
"getLogger().error(message, e);", and this may be caused by the changes
in Excalibur related to logger management : the getLogger() method now
returns a org.apache.avalon.logger.Logger and no more an
org.apache.log.Logger.

Hope this helps,
Sylvain

--