cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [RT] SpitScript - B-Logic that doesn't suck ( Re: [RT] Flowmaps)
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:26:08 GMT

Luca Morandini wrote:
> Nicola,
> for all our abstractions and wondereful paper machines, the naked truth is
> that the web is geared toward presenting documents, not implementing
> applications.

And X is for displaying graphics, not running apps.

But Cocoon is not as an X server, it does create applications.

> The page structure of HTML has nothing to do with Business Object or
> Business Rules or other abstractions... but we should deal with it.
> Therefore, let's just try to centralize transitions amongst pages, like the
> sitemap has done with URI matching and dispatching. Just implementing this
> feature will be a giant step forward.

How can you define transitions without logic?
Transitions are based on rules.
Rules come from algorithms that operate on the model.
Thus, you need

> BTW, I'd like a declarative implementation, rather than using a script
> language.

If flowmaps are page transitions it could be.

But it's intriguing to think that the javascript flowmaps can be an easy
way to make webapps... hmmm...

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: