cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:03:10 GMT
Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>>
>>> Oh god no...businesslogic in javascript.. . no no no.  I'm having
>>> nightmeres of "Sr. Application Developer"s (with emphasis on the
>>> quotes) writing nightmere webapps with "businesslogic" sprinkled
>>> throughout in this "flowmap" as one big huge jumble of spaghetti.
>>

>> I thought that it was indeed your major concern, and, well, it's mine
>> too :-)
>>
>>> I'll write on my concerns with the flowmap in about a week when I
>>> have a bit more time to study it closely (hopefully)
>>

>> Maybe, could you just help me come up with a business-logic stuff that
>> isn't written in sitemap or flowscript: spitscript, the script that
>> doesn't suck... it spits ;-)
>>
> Yes.  Lets put our heads together and think it through.

How about giving access to a componentManager filled with the usual
cocoon actions from within the javascript? This way people can use their
Modular Database Actions to execute their database business logic.

BTW,
I *totally* agree on the need for a non-compiling option to execute
business logic. Please do think loud on the list and I´ll help
thinking... :)

/Per-Olof