cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Continuation as cookie? (was RE: [RT] Flowmaps)
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:12:36 GMT
Conal Tuohy wrote:

>I haven't yet used the flowmap stuff myself, so I have a possibly naive
>question: what would be the flowmap (flowscript?) syntax to return a
>continuation to the client as an http cookie? Is this relatively easy
>compared to url-rewriting?

You can't do that, as the cookie has only one value, which makes it
perfect for session management but unusable for continuations : each new
page leads to a new continuation. This is how the infamous "back button"
problem is elegantly solved, and also how you can use what-if browsing
by trying different possibilities in different windows, thus leading to
a tree of continuations.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez