cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ivelin Ivanov <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLForms and Flowmap
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:35:29 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
>

>>How about binding http request parameters to objects?
>>myobject.setName( cocoon.request.getParameter( "name" ) );
>>for each parameter for each form is not pretty code.
>

> Please, just keep one thing in mind: we have the ability to extend the
> FOM (flowmap object model) with *anything* we want.
>
> Want to perform automatic binding between your bean and the user
> request? we might simply do
>
>  flowmap.populate(myobject,cocoon.request);

Something like that.

Although there are a few more things which are specific about input
handling.
1) Handling checkbox widgets. They can't be automatically populated when
no checked.
2) Branching the flow in accordance with the user selection.
3) Branching based on validation result

I've posted another email with 5 requirements a flow map demo should
satisfy, before it can be considered for real web apps, not just cool
personal sites with 10 visitors.

--

-= Ivelin =-