cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Per-Olof Norén <pe...@alma.nu>
Subject [RT] Flow example (XMLForms and Flowmap related)
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:26:40 GMT
Hi all,

Attatched is a ,ahem, MS PowerPoint miniatyre slideware and a gif
describing a simple but IMO an effective pattern for building a web
based "enterprise" system. With enterprise I mean systems that is used
in daily work that needs to be fast, reliable, with the focus on data,
such as orders, customers and so on and not fancy looks.

Ok, here goes:

The miniatyre app is supposed to manage members of some type.
Data is stored in a database or accessed through a web service.
Using common sense one could model the entire flow och the app as the
attached image shows. Also supplied is a skectchy Flow javascript
implementation that aims to implement this. The simplicity is almost
breath-taking IMO. However in the perfoct world true MVC exists. In this
  world I seem to miss the model representation.

I consider xsp page and its serving pipline as view.
I consider javascript flow code as controller
I Still need to be able to model my data in a simple fashon.
With Stefano´s approach I guess a could run pipelines that executes esql
taglib or soap xsp but i need to be able to do desciscions based on the
data as well, not just request params. To do this I need to represent my
data in the Flow DOM or in beans.

Hope this sparkle further discussion, shoot at will

/Per-Olof Norén