cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is Cocoon?
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:25:05 GMT
koen_pellegrims@inventivedesigners.com wrote:

> Do we want to restrict Cocoon to "web" needs?
>
> We are using Cocoon pipelines and concepts in an application on AS/400;  It
> has nothing to to with the web, but Cocoon fits our needs perfectly !
>
> (but if we go that way, it might become even harder to market Cocoon)

Cocoon is used in big swiss banks more of less the way you describe (you
can't even imagine how much *real money* cocoon handles each day!
talking about open source quality and stability! Unfortunately, no bank
will ever admit it's using Cocoon in such a mission critical system :)

I think that

 XML server application framework

is best description I can think of... but it's so close to a buzzword
that hurts.

I like the tagline 'XML glue for your serving needs' much better :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.