cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Flowmaps
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:18:37 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 17:52, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > [NOTE: it is *not* required that you use continuations for your flow
> > logic, you can use whatever means you have to control state as you did
> > previously, such as REST-like passing style, sessions or cookies]
> >

> You state that "it is *not* required that you use continuations".
> Suppose that I choose not to, then what advantage do flowmaps provide
> over actions?

I see mostly a big one:

  try/fail cycle is reduced by orders of magnitude

with actions, you have to compile the java, move the class, restart
cocoon (if not the servlet container, in some cases) and retry.

I personally see others, but the above is the only big objective one I
can think of.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.