cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ivelin Ivanov <ive...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLForms and Flowmap
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 20:21:08 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> IMNSHO, the flowmap should totally replace actions and deprecate them.
>

> Ahem, I thought we decided *not* to deprecate them, as they make sense
> as elements in the declarative sitemap.
>
> For web apps Actions should be *strongly* discouraged, but can have uses
>   in sitemap-only publishing sites.

I agree that Actions are not as natural to Cocoon sitemap as Generator,
Transformers and Serializers are. What is the right replacement for them
which will glue front end with the business logic layer.
Are you saying that the flowmap will call Java code directly?
Would you need to write gluing JavaScript even for simple one page input
handling?

Ivelin