cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLForms and Flowmap
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:49:56 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> How about binding http request parameters to objects?
> myobject.setName( cocoon.request.getParameter( "name" ) );
> for each parameter for each form is not pretty code.

Please, just keep one thing in mind: we have the ability to extend the
FOM (flowmap object model) with *anything* we want.

Want to perform automatic binding between your bean and the user
request? we might simply do

 flowmap.populate(myobject,cocoon.request);

and that is it.

And I'm just scratching the surface of this concept!

Food for thought.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.