cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Speedup *DirectoryGenerator (e.g. ImageDirectoryGenerator et al)...
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:50:12 GMT
Per Kreipke wrote:

 > After looking at ImageDirectoryGenerator, which runs about 3x slower
 > than DirectoryGenerator on image files, I think the following changes
 > will speed it up (and similarily, MP3DirectoryGenerator).

Per,

we have just committed in Forrest CVS a pre-pre-version of a general
treewalking facility 'Libre' that can be packaged as a Cocoon generator
amongst others. It seems to me that you're trying to do more or less
what we have been doing (and which is 'ready' for refactoring anyhow ;-)

You can check this out at:

http://www.krysalis.org/forrest/libre-intro.html
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-forrest/src/scratchpad/src/java/

HTH,