cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: C2 with saxon
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:07:55 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> You didn't tell us how the story ended? Did you succeed in running C2 with
> Saxon+AElfred?

I finally succeeded and got a page. Within a few hours,
I got all the interesting bits from my home grown framework
and had the first pages up.
Then I hit the obnoxious null resolver error:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102338754604507&w=2
This problem is apparently not amenable to a quick fix,
there has been extensive patches to TraxTransformer.java
and other places recently to ensure there is always a
proper resolver set.

I'm currently downloading the CVS head and preparing myself
for all kinds of surprises.

> I'd be interested in some performance comparison between
> Xerces+Xalan, Xerces+Saxon and AElfred+Saxon.

I use Saxon mainly because of a few extension functions.
It appears, however, that Xalan isn't even able to handle
one multi-megabyte file (XML abused as database).

J.Pietschmann