cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jelly
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:28:28 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>> From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I just came across Jelly at
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/
>>>
>>> A quick look at it gives me the impression it could be a killer to
>>> develop custom transfomers. Anyone using it ?
>>>

>> How it is related/compared with JSP-like tag library recently commited
>> into scratchpad?
>>

> Forgot that one :-/
>
> The concepts look similar, TagTransfomer is Cocoon and Avalon-based,
> which is good, but Jelly seems to provide much more features.
>
> Volker, as the author of Cocoon tags, would you like to check Jelly and
> give us your impressions ?

The author of Jelly contacted me about Jelly in Cocoon.

He is eager to make a Transformer for Cocoon, and he already put it in
his todos.

Jelly is basically a generic scripting system based on tags:
it currently uses Ant, JSP tags, and his own (+ others) OOTB.

I also showed him Berin's proposal for caching tag results, and he said
he is interested in adding caching to Jelly.