cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Exipires headers (was: Re: Cocoon article on JDJ)
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 07:37:38 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> It's sad to read though that:
> 2) Cocoon is not applicable for large scale applications.

> With the new contribution for Expires response header and caching
> improvements, 2) shouldn't be a big deal any more.
> BTW, is Expires checked in already?

Definitely yes, in HEAD only. I still have to understand some quirks in
(reverse) proxy implementations, but it already works like a charm with
clients (browsers). I hope to have it working RSN ar 100% with cachine
enabled reverse proxies, but it already gives a sensible performance
boost as of now.

The other good news is that the whole Cocoon environment will have the
Expires information, since it's in the objectModel. This might lead to a
change in the cache algorithms (I'm waiting for Carsten to finish up his
event/stream cache unification to have a look at it), taking into
account even this information.

Diana: an HOWTO is on the way, I promise :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino