cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Amiro <Tom.Am...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Fw: XSLTC and Cocoon
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 19:38:03 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I'll send you in a minute a temporary download location: I'm uploading
> via my poor ADSL a 15+MB file to a server, it will take some time. :-)
>
> What I did was just re-warring up for you my current Catalina cocoon
> directory, so that you should *not* encounter any problem (well,
> hopefully ;-)). It's already set up for XSLTC using the jar you sent me.
>
> In WEB-INF/logs you can also find my attempts to have it working, to no
> avail. The Cocoon front page loads (well, no wonder, being it static
> XHTML) but XSL trasformations don't.
>
> If you want, we can meet online (irc is my favourite) so that we can try
> interactively to make it work.
>
> I'll send you the location in a minute (13MB still to go... :-))
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino

Hi Gianugo,

I got the war you gave me to run and hit the same old error on book2menu.xsl
that I found before which was due to the stylesheet not using the correct
syntax to call external java funtions. Here is a copy of the stylesheet
with the required changes, i.e.

                xmlns:NetUtils="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java/org.apache.cocoon.util.NetUtils"

     <xsl:variable name="encLabel" select="NetUtils:encodePath(string(@label))"/>
                                                               ^^^^^^^

These changes should also work with Xalan.

I hope you can submit this fix for the stylesheet, so the version in the wars
you generate won't have the problem.

After substituting the corrected stylesheet and rebuilding the war, I was able to
get further and hit a null prt error in XSLTC. We'll investigate that further.

Thanks,

Tom