cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Sitemap] Sitemap model questions
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:34:07 GMT
Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I've almost finished the Schema for sitemap, but I'm a bit stuck with the
>pipeline content description and would like to prove some statements:
>
>Terms
>	Pipeline content - content model of 'pipeline', 'match', 'act',
>'select/when' elements (with some restrictions also of 'resource' and 'view'
>elements).
>
>A pipeline can contain the following elements:
>Direct:
>           - mount
>           - redirect-to
>           - read
>           - generate
>           - aggregate
>           - transform
>           - serialize
>Indirect:
>           - act
>           - match
>           - select
>
>Statements:
>        1. There can be no other elements if one of the 'mount' | 'redirect-to' | 'read'
is present.

Yes.

>        2. If first element is one of the generating types: 'generate' | 'aggregate' |
'call' then the last element must be one of the outputting types: 'serialize' | 'call'.

This is too restrictive, as there can be nested indirect components to
drive the pipeline construction after the generate.

>        3. Indirect elements can appear more then once in any order, but should not break
generation -> [transformation] -> output sequences.

Is it possible to write such a rule in XML Schema ?

>Is the above correct and did I forget anything?
>
>Regards,
>  Konstantin
>
>P.S. I have some more questions for XML Schema gurus, if any. Steven?
>
>P.S.2. Should Cocoon sitemap Schema belong to Forrest catalogue too?

IMO, it belongs to Cocoon, as it has to evolve with Cocoon.

What about adding it inside cocoon.jar so that the actual schema used
can be obtained using e.g.
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/sitemap/sitemap.xsd" ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez