cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re:
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:48:57 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:

>Great to see the Website updated! Thanks Diana for your hard work! Can I
>request that we add a couple of additional categories? I had a few emails
>with Sylvain on this and we came up with:
>External resources
>  Cocoon consultants (Struts has this)
>        + Links to companies or people providing Cocoon support etc.
>  Success stories
>        + Links to success stories
>External Sites
>  Cocoon based solutions
>        + Links to companies or people providing Cocoon based solutions
>Did I forget anything Sylvain?

Sorry for the delay, I was off-list since monday.

The list looks ok, and I'd like to detail a bit more the reasons for
success stories and their content.

The current Cocoon site is mainly targeted towards *users* of Cocoon,
i.e. people that already made the choice to use Cocoon. We need is
something to attract new users, and the way for this is to show people
*what* they can do with Cocoon before showing them *how* they can do it.

So success stories should start by functional description (the "what"),
followed by a technical description (the "how" : architecture,
components used, etc).

Success stories will also be the place to show all these Cocoon-based
intranet applications that aren't publicly visible on the Internet (all
the projects we made here since 2 years are for intranets).

Finally, showing the wide usage range of Cocoon will allow more people
to consider it as a usable and mature product instead of "just" a nice
innovative technology. This is especially important in large companies
that prefer maturity to technological risk.

Sylvain Wallez

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message