cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Thoughts about requirements for a cms
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:15:19 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Stephan Michels wrote:
> >
> > > I think what be useful for the first time is an projection of a loaction
> > > in a repository on a url. My first initial stage was:

> > If you make this a WriteableSource, I'm sure many will start to use it
> > right away instead of writing stuff on the file system.
>
> It is a WriteableSource ;-)

Know what? sometimes I wonder why I bother keeping myself subscribed to
this mail list: you people do an incredible job even without any
guidance.

I'm not a father, but I think this might barely resemble the feeling a
father gets when a child/daughter grows up and stand on his/her feet.
Hmmm...

Some say software takes 10 years to develop. I tend to see this is a
reasonable estimate for closed-source software. I have the perception
that the rate of growth of a healthy and diverse open source community
is much faster. Probably twice as fast. In this case, Cocoon has two
more years to go before becoming adult.

I wonder what I'll end up doing next.

Hmmm, probably try to find a way to make some money without missing all
the fun of those environments where money is not the fuel of things.

Ah, enough wining...

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.