cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: [report] xml-site update
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 12:16:00 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Diana Shannon wrote:
><snip/>
>

>>I think we should attempt to catch internal links problems prior to
>>commits with the live site cvs.
>>

>Yes. The LinkAlarm run will check them too, but that does
>not hurt.

It seems so strange that you hard code these things...

This should never be a problem. I don't understand the reluctance to use
basic XSLT features, but by referencing the link/menu data through the
document function (or whatever the right way is for cocoon - strange
that it has to be different...) you totally eliminate this problem. If
the link exists it is guaranteed to be correct. If a link 'links' to
something that does not exist, either do not render the <a href/> (just
the text) or wrap it in a span that has font-color:red or something.

-Rob