cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [announce] Extended sitemap variable substitution syntax
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:43:33 GMT
On 25.Jun.2002 -- 11:32 AM, Frank Taffelt wrote:
> > Get yourself default values (from current cocoon.xconf):
> >
> >       <component-instance
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule"
> name="defaults">
> > <input-module name="request"/>
> > <values>
> > <skin>defaultSkin</skin>
> > <base-url>http://localhost:8080/cocoon</base-url>
> > </values>
> >   </component-instance>
>
> is it possible to set default values also on a sitemap-level instead to put
> it in cocoon.xconf ?

AFAIK it is possible to declare components in a sitemap using
map:components. Thus

<map:components>
   <input-modules logger="core.modules.input">
      <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule"
name="my-defaults">
		 <input-module name="request"/>
		 <values>
			<skin>defaultSkin</skin>
			<base-url>http://localhost:8080/cocoon</base-url>
		 </values>
	  </component-instance>
   </input-modules>
</map:components>

would declare a new input module instance accessible with the name
"my-defaults" for this sitemap and all subsitemaps.

I haven't tested this though. But my understanding is, that this is
supposed to work.

There has been a discussion about declaring components in sitemaps a
long time ago and I don't recall the outcome. But I believe it was
decided not to advertise this feature since blocks are likely to
change this.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l