cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [announce] Extended sitemap variable substitution syntax
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:39:04 GMT
On 25.Jun.2002 -- 10:13 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> hm... if we'd go that far "request:getParameter(bla)" would probably the most
> straight forward syntax for those users. But sooner or later there will be
> requests asking for default values (if a parameter is not set) and we end up
> with a mini-scripting language. I doubt we want to encourage that... do we?

See my other post.

"getParameter(bla)" is the _name_ of the parameter.
"request:bla" is just sitemap syntax for

  value = module.getAttribute("bla", null_config, objectModel);

In addition getAttributeValues() and getAttributeNames() exist.

Get yourself default values (from current cocoon.xconf):

      <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.DefaultsMetaModule"
name="defaults">
		 <input-module name="request"/>
		 <values>
			<skin>defaultSkin</skin>
			<base-url>http://localhost:8080/cocoon</base-url>
		 </values>
	  </component-instance>

Add other defaults ad lib. Use this with any other input module.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de