cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: getBlob patch for esql
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:06:18 GMT
On 09.Jun.2002 -- 07:47 AM, Roger I Martin PhD wrote:
> I needed blobs.  I only added getBlob into a byte array.  Setting a

Thanks for your patch. Applied to HEAD. Please cross-check.

> blob works best if done with a prepared statement.  If there is
> interest I can put in PreparedStatement functionality.  The life span

Could you explain this a bit more? ESQL uses PreparedStatements
whenever a <esql:parameter/> is present in the query string.

> of a prepared statement may be short albeit it would allow Blobs to be
> pushed into a database.  If someone knows the future architecture of
> the esql logicsheet please let me know if there are any chunks of code
> needed.

Storing BLOBs would be nice (although I believe it should be done in
an action and not on a XSP, but that's irrelevant).

Currently, no changes are planned.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l