cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: We need a detailed comparison with Struts (XML/REST integration?)
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:31:41 GMT
On Monday 10 June 2002 10:23, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>. . .
> 4 - Can we integrate Stuts and Cocoon ?
> --------------------------------------
> The JSP part of Struts can certainly be integrated into Cocoon using the
> JSPGenerator. What about the controller part (i.e. the servlets) ?
>. . .

Rings a bell here, cause I'm thinking along the same lines between Enhydra
(www.enhydra.org) and Cocoon.

How about using these (struts, enhydra, etc.) as XML-based back-ends to a
Cocoon presentation front-end?

I'm thinking of Cocoon relaying user HTTP requests to the back-end, and the
back-end replying with XML documents representing the "logical contents" of
pages (see also [1]).

The back-end would be fully testable with anteater, JUnit/HTTPUnit or
something using HTTP/XML interactions, and the Cocoon front-end would be
nicely decoupled and care only about the presentation layer.

Any comments? First-hand experiences?

-Bertrand