cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Tokenized parameter semantics
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 15:54:19 GMT
On 08.Jun.2002 -- 09:55 AM, Brian Topping wrote:
> Sitemap wizards, I need a semantic question about tokenization in parameters answered.
>
> Of the two following pipelines, which do you consider "correct"?  I'm not asking how
it works today, I'm asking how it *should* work.  It's a gray area.

<snip/>

> <map:match pattern="xyz/*.html">
>   <map:act type="myAct">
>     <map:parameter name="arg1" value="foo/{1}"/>
>     <map:generate src="{../1}"/>
>   </map:act>
> </map:match>
>
> The difference is in the level that the parameter "arg1" is referenced from.  It's a
parameter, so should it be referenced relative to the caller or relative to the child parameters
that it is embedded with.

Right. Since the action is nested inside the matcher, and the generator is nested
inside the action, levels have to be different by one "../". Parameters are not
considered to be nested but belong to the start element.

Question: if it was different, how would you reference a value set by the action?

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de