cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <>
Subject Re: [RT] SpitScript - B-Logic that doesn't suck ( Re: [RT] Flowmaps)
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:54:19 GMT

I've watched this thred for quite a while. Some people don't like XML, some people don't like
Javascript. It was mentioned on here earlier, and I think it bears repeating:
What is the definition of the problem?

I know, everyone has a general sense of it. But before picking a language, perhaps it would
worth defining what you need it to do for you. I perosnally find XML far to verbose for many
things, but JavaScript has it's own drawbacks.  Frequently things like htis are simply written,
commited, and accepted. This one isn't going that smoothly. So, perhaps a bit of requirements
analysis is in order....
The flow layer must be able to:

- determine a pipeline
 (I loved Stefano's propsed syntax for this that included specifying the target for the output)
- access/manipulate application state (object model?)
- access(/manipulate?) business objects (who knows?)
- perform expression evaluation

What else?

Maybe I'm going way to basic here...but I don't see this thread actually reaching any conclusions.
In fact, it appears to be getting increasingly splintered. I'd suggest a clear definition
of the
solution attributes first. Then pick a solution to fit.
My $0.2.....

"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message