cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Haraburda <david-coc...@haraburda.com>
Subject ClassLoader issues
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 18:50:15 GMT
Hi all,

This is a second attempt to raise what I feel to be a rather important
issue, and that is the way CocoonServlet sets up the ContextClassLoader
for each thread on startup.  I think this is bad because (1) It breaks
JNDI in Tomcat and (2) it conflicts with both the Java API docs and the
J2EE spec.  Take a look at the beginning of the service method in
CocoonServlet -- it overrides the ContextClassLoader without even
checking the init-classloader param.  I don't think Cocoon should be
setting the classloader for user-level code at all.  Obviously there was
something that inspired this behavior. What was it?  Maybe I'm just
really confused, if so, please flame away -- however, I'm more than
happy to submit patches to fix this (I've already submitted what I feel
is a good temporary fix - bug 9684), but I'd like to get some more
insight/feedback on why Cocoon behaves this way.

David